Technological change in this era has made it imperative for businesses to embrace, adapt and respond to cloud strategies. This drives business insights, discovers new possibilities and builds customer experiences. PatternBots is helping small, medium and large enterprises to create a robust cloud strategy to accelerate innovation. We assist companies in public, private and hybrid cloud migration with DevOps solutions. This helps you navigate smoothly through the drifty/intricate cloud journey. We simplify the way you connect, protect and use cloud technology.
Supercharge your cloud migration with DevOps prepare for your journey to the cloud
Cloud migration can prove expensive if not done correctly.
Apps can work differently on cloud vs on-premises. If the app is complex, the matured testing strategy makes a difference. At each stage of the migration process, DevOps methodology is incorporated, which add multi-face value. As per the organization’s need, we have detailed each stage of cloud migration here.
DevOps and cloud computing go hand in hand and joined at the hip. Let’s learn why?
DevOps streamline development and help the user to quickly make into application production while clouds automate provisioning and scale to accommodate changes in the application. For your ease, we have made a list of do’s and don’t to follow during implementation and operating DevOps in the cloud.
Do’s to follow during implementation and operating DevOps in the cloud
- Splurge on training for both DevOps and cloud computing
- select DevOps tools that work with over one cloud
- Include automated performance testing
- Consider containers
- Try to make applications cloud-native
Dont’s to avoid during implementation and operating DevOps in the cloud.
- Don’t forget security
- Don’t forget about services and resource governance
- Don’t under-fund DevOps in cloud transformation
- Don’t force every application to the cloud
The core principle to understand and incorporate while implementing DevOps in the cloud-
- All aspects of development, testing, staging, deployment and operations should be done in a continuous process. No time is included during fully automated parts process. Auto-provisioning target platform resources is included.
- From development to operations, major and minor changes to applications should be made in one day. Deployment platform should support unlimited provisioning of resources.
- On-premises, an entire process can exist in the cloud or in hybrid configurations. They also support multiple cloud brands in public and private cloud models.
These steps will help organizations who are already practising DevOps and will help in successful cloud adoption.
Cloud migration improves the efficiency, managing and administrating portfolio and is a great time for the enterprise to rethink on operational processes. For successful cloud migration, DevOps automation helps address needs and improves the operational efficiency of the services. The number of benefits like repeatability, auditability, significantly lower deployment risk and faster iteration cycles are brought by DevOps. These benefits are crucial to improve operational excellence. Security posture and gives a better competitive advantage.
The increased benefits of using DevOps in the cloud aren’t automatic, they require brainpower and up-front investment. If you give DevOps high priority in the cloud and with your level of commitment, you can do just fine.
Thank you for reading!